If you program in Java, you NEED to become fluent in Maven.
Why? Because it simplifies working on projects a lot.
- Lots of utilities that can be run on any and all maven projects at any time with only one command, and without downloading anything manual.
- Generate Javadocs instantly.(mvn javadoc:javadoc)
- Run all tests with one command and receive pretty html reports of your test results.(mvn test)
- View Test Code coverage with one command and no downloading. (mvn cobertura:cobertra)
- Almost instantly use the latest Java libraries, like Apache Commons. (IDE detects unknown class and prompts you to add a dependency to your project).
- Do selenium testing with one command. (mvn selenium:start-server)
- Generate web projects that include Hibernate, Spring, and more in minutes. (mvn archetype generate)
- Run your tomcat projects with a single command. (mvn tomcat:run)
- And more!!! If you develop in Java, learning Maven will increase productivity a lot.
So, LEARN IT
Start off with this video: